Monday, October 6, 2014

[prpoint] Making of ezine PreSense - An experience from a member who was part of the making of Sep 2014 edition of ezine

 

Dear Mr. Srinivasan,and Editorial team

Please accept my sincere thanks for allowing me to be part of the editorial team and be part of  'making of ezine' (Sep 2014 edition) in real time. You have rightly pointed "Unless you get to see the kitchen its difficult to know the art of cooking." 

Though I have had the experience of handling newsletter on my own in my previous organisations, I must say, this experience stands out to be unique as people from different walks of life are involved but everyone is aligned in one thought - for the success of the eZine.

Contents are discussed through email, inputs gathered, each one gets an assignment, a team gets into editing and proof reading, but the beauty is nobody meets in person.  Everything is done online using google doc and technology and the eZine is ready to go 'on time i.e. first day of every month. 

I told you  jokingly once, and I repeat, "I get delighted to see your monthly ezine for two reasons. One, I get  something new for the month through the magazine and the second, I get reminded of the  first day of the month i.e. salary day.  The eZine is so prompt that even if 1st falls on a National holiday it reaches your inbox.

Kudos  to the team Susan, TN Ashok, Rajendran, Triambak Sharma and yourself  for the meticulous planning and use of technology resources in the best possible manner. 

Thank you once again sir for accepting my request and making me as part of the team to observe the 'making of ezine' from planning to release stage.  Since the entire process is done through email and google doc, I got into the loop and had the opportunity of observing the entire process very closely.  

As a PR professional, I  suggest other communication students and professionals to be part of the ezine team once to observe the 'making of the ezine' from the planning stage.  

Thanks Regards,
V. Madhavan

--
Thanks Regards,
V. Madhavan
+91-0-9677008432

__._,_.___

Posted by: Madhavan Varadharajan <madhavan3hu@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Please visit http://www.prpoint.com (for useful PR resource materials) and http://www.primepointfoundation.org (non profit trust for promotion of PR)and http://www.imageaudit.com (about Image Audit)and http://www.indiavision2020.org (on India Vision)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Table of Contents